Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oscar Prediction: Best Picture

Finally! the last of my Oscar predictions for 2006. Best Picture. the nominees are:


  • Brokeback Mountain
  • Capote
  • Crash
  • Good Night, and Good Luck
  • Munich
In my mind, this one comes down to two movies--Brokeback Mountain and Crash. Both are morals tales of sorts, with Brokeback Mountain focusing on homosexuality and Crash on racism. So I guess the question for the Academy voters is, which tale do you want to reward. I thought Crash was probably the best movie of the year--it affected me more than any other film i had seen. but Brokeback is a more beautiful film, more beautifully rendered. Plus, it is rare that the Best Director and Best Picture don't go hand in hand. So I am going to predict Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture of the year.

No comments: